RESUME: Miguel Guerreiro Lourenço
Updated: Oct 22
MIGUEL GUERREIRO LOURENÇO
An enthusiastic Lead Narrative Designer and Games Writer, with a First Class degree in Creative Writing with Screenwriting, seeking to further his career in the games industry. Currently working on Fashion Empire, Fashionista, Modish Maria, and with a proven track record of several successful creative projects, including comics, interactive multimedia exhibitions, short-films and poetry collections.
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Lead Narrative Designer, Frenzoo
[Fashion Empire, Fashionista, Modish Maria, Unannounced Title]
· Led a team of writers and designers in creating and publishing exciting, new games.
· Designed quests, characters and narratives while setting brand expectations.
· Developed seasonal and IAP content, and managed in-game economy and balancing.
· Explored the Localisation potential of several games, namely in BR-PT, EU-PT and ES.
· Worked extensively with Google Office Suite and Unity implementation.
· Attended shareholder meetings and co-authored white documents.
Narrative Designer, Freelance
[Fallout: Miami, Cathnoquey: Shattered Isles, Roblox: Windlight Bay]
· Contributed to significant worldbuilding and narrative design across several projects.
· Produced onboarding and design documents to improve production pipelines.
· Led writers and narrative designers through tasks and delivered on deadlines.
· Directed VA and aided in audio post-production efforts to ensure consistency.
· Managed social media accounts and optimised SEO profiles.
Games Writer, Lanze Games
[Pixel Princess Blitz, Unannounced Title]
· Designed and assisted UI changes as Early-Access improvements.
· Proofread and edited documents, giving feedback to peers and project lead.
· Liaised with members of different departments as to fully engage with the project’s scope.
· Provided QA services to early builds and aided engine implementation.
· St. Augustine's & First, published by Twin Towns.
· Venus, published by Rhythm and Bones.
· The Borinian Snapper, published by Idle Ink.
· Flowers, published by Newmag.
· The First Day of Winter, published by Foxglove Journal.
· Callouses & Broken Lines & Dupré, published by Signal Mountain Review.
· Moss Ablaze, published by Ledbury Poetry Festival.
· I Come From, published by Selcouth Station Press.
· Leadership: team and objective-driven, thrives on being part of a hard-working team and leading them to perform above expectations.
· Problem Solver: experienced in extremely busy environments, acquiring the means and skillsets to quickly suppress a problem and solve it before it spreads.
· Reliability: by combining a team-working spirit and an ambitious mindset, often goes the extra mile to ensure success.
· Languages: fluent in Portuguese and English, proficient in Spanish, basic in French and Italian.
· Software Knowledge: Microsoft Office, Google Office Suite, basics of Photoshop & InDesign
· Eyes Unclouded (D&D 5e Anthology) – Editing, published on DMsGuild.
· Pixel Princess Blitz (Videogame) – Currently in-Development, employed by LanzeGames.
· Game of Thrones: Ascent (Videogame) – QA, testing and editing, employed by DisruptorBeam.
· Endless World (Videogame) – Currently in-Development, employed by Radiance Games.
· Fashion Empire (Videogame) – Writing, narrative design and localisation, employed by Frenzoo.
· Fallout: Cascadia (Videogame) – Writing and editing, employed by the Mod Team.
· SCAVS (Webcomic) – Published through Tumblr, illustrated by Anna Zee.
· Buzzard (Webcomic) – Published through Tumblr, illustrated by Jamal Campbell.
· Malefica (Webcomic) – Published through Patreon, illustrated by AnnaTheNewt.
· Tusk Love (Blog) – Published through Tumblr, illustrations by Kelley Akers and Jawsum.
· Fate (Graphic Novel) – Currently in-Development, illustrated by Bruno Wright.
· Amon (Graphic Novel) – Currently in-Development, illustrated by Olivia Rea.
· Good Morning Zakera Ward (Songwriting) – Published through Bandcamp.
· Star Platine (Zine) – Published in France, illustrated by Christopher Kelsall.
· The Seed of Success (Short-Film) – Submitted to 48H Film Project, produced by Thomas Gilbert.
· Creative Writing Workshop (Workshop) – Monthly gathering, employed by Ink! Creative Society.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
· BA (Hons) Creative and Professional Writing with Screenwriting, University of Worcester 2016 – 2019 (Student Representative) [First-Class]
· Certificado Nível Secundário de Educação (A-Level Equivalent) in Humanities and Social Sciences. Overall grade: 16/20 including 15/20 in Spanish and 18/20 in History.
· IELTS Exam with an Overall Band Score of 8/9 and CEFR Level of C1.
· Worcester Gold Award [Employability Award]; Merit on self-improvement, work experience and volunteering.
· Student Achievement Award [Scholarship]; Merit on top-of-the-class grades, volunteering and extracurricular activities. £1000 Cash Prize.
· Ubisoft Reflections’ Graduate Programme Shortlist Candidate for Junior Narrative Designer.
· V. Press Best Poetry Collection Runner-Up, University of Worcester 2019.
· Guest Lecturer at Alma Mater, University of Worcester, for Interactive Media Writing.
· M1M0 Certificates for "Learn to Code" and "Programming for Games".
Available upon request.